If you’re living through the frustration of a snoring problem, chances are you’ll try anything to fix the problem. One of the best solutions on the market is acquiring an Anti Snoring Pillow. The problem is that many of the anti snoring products available don’t live up to what they’re promising.
How an Anti Snoring Pillow can help you
- When the respiratory passageway in your throat is narrowed, snoring results when you breathe in prompting the soft palate and airway walls to tremble. Various things can cause this. Often, pregnant women start to snore as the pregnancy goes along. There are other people who develop a snoring problem as they age, or after an accident. You will want to speak to your doctor to rule out sleep apnea. This is a relatively critical problem; your respiratory passageways close completely for a couple of seconds so you actually stop breathing. Sleep apnea is connected to serious problems such as heart disease and stroke.
- Many snoring solutions won’t work if you’re not getting to the source of the problem. For example nasal strips are a quite popular remedy but, because not many people really snore because of nasal problems, they are generally ineffective in most sufferers.
- Another product available keeps your lower jaw projected slightly forward. This draws the tongue forward thus opening the airway. Should your problem be the result of nasal issues, this device might be helpful; although, many people cannot sleep with anything in their mouth. This makes it unlikely that they will continue to use it.
- Another anti snoring product is a type of plaster, made to keep your mouth closed. A snorer testing out this product said that it in fact decreased his snoring, but just because he was not able to fall asleep with the plaster on his face. Hardly a long term solution!
- One possible snoring solution still in its analysis period is a singing DVD. The thought is that as you sing, you are strengthening your mouth muscles and this may assist in alleviating your snoring. The DVD makers also encourage you to lose weight and exercise more. Those individuals who did all three steps did notice an improvement in the sound levels and extent of their snoring. Many doctors promote losing weight and exercising frequently as a great way to improve your sleep.
If your snoring is producing a lot of sleepless nights, talk with your doctor or dentist and ask for an appointment with an ENT (ear, nose and throat) specialist. These consultants will be able to set up a series of tests to diagnose the problem behind your snoring and will then assist you in choosing some snoring solutions to determine what works for you.